Visitors

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Livin, Lovin, Without a Woman

I got the girls off to school this morning but not before we had breakfast at our breakfast bar.  I had made a 9:30am appointment with an investment banker and my dad was taking me.  I didn't realize when I made the appointment last week that it was a late start, but I'm VIP so showing up late to a business meeting is like whatever.

My dad picked us up and we dropped the girls off at school and went to the bank to listen the the man's spiel about how to invest.  He pretty much want's to gamble with my money.  The jeans, shirt, shoes and watch I wore were worth more than his suit.  I've heard this song and dance before but from someone I trust and that's why I invested with the broker I did.

I just couldn't stand the rambling so I told him I had to cut him short because I had a business appointment at 11:30am: sushi date!

I met my friend Michelle and her son Alexios (4) at the sushi restaurant.  We ordered our food and had a nice, in-depth chat about life, kids and goals.  Over 10 years ago Michelle and I were roommates, just roommates: she is like a sister to me.

I talked to her about my meeting and how the man asked if I started pricing properties for my barbecue restaurant.  Michelle's husband owns his own bakery and is probably the hardest working man I know.

Michelle told me that his dream was to always make his own bread to distribute, so a couple years ago he bought himself a bakery.  She told me that his plan for the future was to give his kids the opportunity to purse any career they wanted in life. 

I told Michelle "that is exactly what my plan is with the restaurant."  Her hubsters works mad hours and she takes care of everything at home and with the kids.  We also scratched the surface of my dating life.

I told her I was ready to find a good woman, get married (one time only) and live my dreams with someone who supports my efforts, just as Michelle supports her husbands dream.  I told her that my girls were on-board with the restaurant business, and their stamp of approval is good enough for me!  If they believe their dad can do it, that says a lot. 


Michelle and I had a great conversation over lunch, and the conversation had really made me think about my future as far as finding a good woman.  As of now I am not looking: you always seem to find the good ones when you're not looking.


Thanks Michelle and Alexios.  I thoroughly enjoyed lunch today!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for that BBQ joint to open! ..I need a job lol Just joking! Can't wait to see it all play out Mike.. It's been a long time coming! XOXO

    ReplyDelete