Visitors

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Welcome back you sexy fucker

Well its been nearly two months since me and baby's momma split.  How do I feel?

I feel fucking great.  I used to be caught up in the same routine of doing nothing, falling out of the routine of writing on a daily basis.  I've gotten back into the routine of writing again.  I'm learning to live with what may have been my workings on the fate of my relationship but life is moving on.

New routines are hard to get use to but it will all work out for the best. 

So what have I been up to these past few months?

Spending lots of time with my beautiful daughters and doing a lot of soul searching.  Scratch that. I've always known where my soul's been just getting back into tune with it is what I've been doing.

A shitty break-up has worked out for the best. I've lost about 15 pounds and I'm fitting into some of my nice clothes once again.  I shaved off my trademark landing strip and have been sporting the fumanchu.  The ex hates it, I love it!

I've been fooling around in the kitchen with different things since my mom is a part time cook now.  I love to cook so I don't consider it a chore.  My cooking is enjoyed and appreciated, that tickles my fancy.  Yesterday my sister had a barbecue at her house, where I have been storing my charcoal grill for the past few months.  I went over there to make those ribs someone referred to as "money."  My youngest daughter, Olivia, is all about helping out with chores around the house especially cooking.

I always tell her that adults dont keep secrets but the recipe for my rubs and sauces is top secret. I've been teaching her how to mix the rubs and apply them to the ribs and yesterday I let her make the barbecue sauce.  She did a fucking excellent job.  My little chef surprised me!  The sauce was awesome.  Kudos Olivia.

I've been looking for houses and I've looked at quite a few.  I found one that I love; a historical home built in 1929 with original wood floors and orginial doors.  It's priced for me to move in a soon as I get the cash. 

Been doing a lot of reflecting on the past 8 years since my accident.  It's very possible that the legal matters could come to an end next Tuesday (Sept. 14).  I dont pray, I no longer believe in prayer but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out in my favor.  Lot's of meetings with financial advisors and lawyers ahead in the next week and the kids go back to school Tuesday.

I've awaited the 14th to roll around for years now.  I finally get to see how much the multibillion dollar insurance industry thinks my life is worth to them.  They know they're on the hook for a lot of money.  The shoe is slowly slipping onto the other foot, and trust me I am going to tie it tight right before I stuff up the deserving asses.

My ex and I have managed to maintain friendship for the sake of the kids.  I dont like the fact I got booted out for another man but in a way I feel like it's been a relief.  I've been a much happier person and I am very much looking forward to the future.  My "happiness" doesn't require a steady supply of sex but companionship would be nice.  But not if it's going to bring drama.  I'm done living drama.

I wake up in the morning, shove my meds down my throat, brush my teeth and splash a little cold water on my face.  I brush the mustache and say to myself....

"You sexy fucker.  Where have you been?  Welcome back."

No comments:

Post a Comment