Visitors

Friday, September 17, 2010

The House Boy Extraordinaire

Living with an addict is never an easy thing.

My mom has a bad case of the OCD.  If you know her it's obvious she has this disease.  

I had once been the House Bitch Extraordinaire in my glory days as a stay at home dad. 

But moving back under mom's rule, the house bitch has essentially went "back to school."  Yes, I brought my books too.

I've lived here nearly two months now.  My mom puts Martha Stewart to shame.  I try to just go with the flow here.  Sometimes my flows a little too slow for her.  She tells me "get to stepping and fetching."

The last time I checked I was a fully functioning MAN with two daughters.  I can cook, clean, remember vitamins, brushing my own teeth 3 times a day.  Gabage day hasn't changed in nearly 30 years since they've lived here.....Friday.

When I said I brought my books I meant cook books.  I usually try a new recipe once a week.  Homemade marinas.  Bread Pudding.  Jalapeno burgers. Salsa. Homemade ravioli noodles (that was a fucking chore!). 

I can usually get away with not doing my own laundry and stuff by cooking and yardwork.  I don't mind.  But when I have to wash garbage cans, with soap after trash pick-up every week....

They're flipping garbage cans that stay outside, we're not eating out of them!  But at Marlene's house it's possible.

I stood out at the cold, dreary curb this morning with my hoodie on and a cig hanging from my mouth washing garbage cans without giving it any thought...

I have come to the realization that I may have the disease too. 

But I think this is a disease that no woman would mind a MAN having.

I got used to living with the Hitler of cleanliness.  I clean and I'm not even thinking about it. 

Gotta go, something needs cleaning.

10 comments:

  1. You are too funny! But go clean me some REEEEEBS and cook em up and I will do your laundry!
    Love Pookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come clean my apartment and my garbage cans. Yeah I'd say that's OCD. I am a cleaner currently living in a bit of a state of clutter that's driving me effing nuts....but wow that's extreme on the clean front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing about having everything boxed up, it's a headache trying to figure out where to start!

    Ever watch the show "Hoarders" or "Extreme Hoarding".......

    Yes, the ocd is a bit extreme in this house.

    No job to big no job too small!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see that you're writing about something other than Kindra...by the way, in case you didn't know, your blog is public. I don't understand how you can get mad at me for something that she is more than capable of reading on her own? Truly, that wasn't worth going to this length over. If you had an issue with me, I would have been more than willing to sit down and talk to you as adults do instead of taking the immature route and acting like we are back in highschool. It's a damn shame...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew she was fully capable of reading my blogs I know they're public. I am not mad at you and I dont hold grudges. It would be nice if we could have the type of friendship we had before this mess started. You know I got mad love for you and Steve.

    Hopefully in time we can quick acting like highschoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you blocked and deleted me from Facebook, I took it as you were pissed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have been but I'm not now. Anytime you'd like to sit down and talk I'm ready. We've been friends way too long to let this get in the way. Your family is like family to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! Welcome to the club!! I am SUPER OCD also...just ask my husband!! I have to say though...I've never scrubbed my garbage cans with soap and water! LOL

    ReplyDelete