Visitors

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grab Life By the Balls

The last two weeks have been full of awesomeness for me.  I can think back to one year ago today and think of how miserable I was, the only thing that kept me going were my girls.

Fast forward to right now.....over the past 6-7 months I've made some great connections, met some important people and have made some true friends.  Life is really going my way for once in my life.  The soothing light at the end of my tunnel is no longer a freight train coming my way.

I've been to court (paying up for what I did in my 20's, yes I was a bad boy) and it has become pretty damn costly.  I don't recommend fucking off in your 20's unless you have money or your family does!  Take that grain of salt and hold onto it.

I was talking to a good friend earlier about how good she feels as opposed to just a month or so ago.  We both agreed that when the pieces of the puzzle come together they start fitting.  You might get a stray piece that don't fit, but you'll find it.  I did.


There's so much great stuff happening in my life right now but some of it I can't share because it involves court cases.  But I did put a bid in on a house close to my parents: city living is convenient and I like it, but I'd rather have a house I can call my own home.

My dad's been going through some experimental treatment for his rare blood cancer and for the most part its been knocking his dick in the dirt. Yes Cancer sucks, but treatments suck the life out of you, so I'm going to do what I can to get the house near them.


August was a great month, I had my daughters most of the month and we went to Chicago twice.  I'm the type who likes to book a trip hours before leaving and when it includes the girls they jump and get a suitcase ready.  I'm so busy with upcoming court cases I have to take trips on a whim.  And no, not all the court cases are bad: all of them have went in my favor thus far.


My ex hates when I write about her but I'm going to.  For seven years we had a volatile relationship and when she told me to leave I took that opportunity.  Sure I was the wife beater, and the emotionally abusive person.....got a record to prove it but most people who know me know that's not me. 


The ex would belittle me or brow beat me.  I wasn't doing enough around the house.  I didn't do her laundry right.  She didn't believe in any of my pipe dreams which are all about to come to fruition.  She left me for another man and I'm glad she told me "get the fuck out."  It was a blessing in disguise: I can safely say that a year later.


Sometimes you date or marry the people who bring out the rottenness and evil in you that you never knew was there, but unfortunately finding that person sucks.  I know I never want to go back into a relationship I shared with her.  Sure there will always be a spot in my heart for baby's momma, but its black.  I know its a place I never want to go again.


I had/have dreams and ambitions about the future of my family and when I make promises I keep them.  And to be with someone who doesn't believe in anything you do, well get out while you can instead of wasting years of your life like I did.

I had a ton of female friends (not in a sexual way either) and the ex couldn't stand that.  My daughters are so astounded at how many people I know, but they only meet the one's I've know for years.  Their mom's not sociable like I am, she's self consumed with pleasing the man she's with rather than do right by the girls.


The difference between the ex and I is that: I respect my daughters' feelings, I don't have a girlfriend who makes me ignore my girls, and if I did...the attention the girls get now wont change.  


Be a good mom when someone is looking.


That's it for now till I find another rant.  And if you're read this "K".....see you in court soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment